Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of previous equipment, auto or truck parts experience desired
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic mechanical understanding and the ability to identify by sight and by name the parts of an industry related piece of equipment
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is required
- Proper phone etiquette
- Must have a clean driving record
- Equipment operation: Forklifts
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Epicor/Silk systems, Vendor web portals
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift 51 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.