Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of heavy construction equipment sales experience is highly preferred
- 5 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast paced, high energy individual with an aggressive sales style
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and automobile insurance
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting