Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of previous equipment, auto or truck parts experience desired
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic mechanical understanding and the ability to identify by sight and by name the parts of an industry related piece of equipment
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is required
- Knowledge and understanding between mark-up and gross margin
- Proper phone etiquette
- Equipment operation: Forklifts
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Vendor web portals
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Clean driving record
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Vision: To see both close and at a distance, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and see color
Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 – 100 pounds
Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting