Our Elkhart, IN branch is seeking a full-time CDL-A truck driver who will also spend time wrenching as a forklift shop service technician / mechanic. This position is first shift, M - F, and hourly (no flat rate!).
The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Timely delivery of equipment and basic upkeep of the truck
- Maintain daily trip logs
- Accurately complete paperwork
- Minor forklift/equipment repairs including performing preventative maintenance on customer forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Proper completion and submission of all required paperwork
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a Technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!