Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of previous related experience
- Outstanding sales skills is a must
- CDL Class A is required
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Professionalism is a must
- Safety awareness is essential
- Knowledge of construction equipment, their application, and safety
- Good computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Equipment Operation: Ability to operate skid steers, mini excavators, compact wheel loaders, trenchers, hydroseeders, bark blowers, scissor lifts, boom lifts, compactors, compressors, generators, and specialized attachments for construction equipment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, use hands, talk/hear; Occasionally will sit, taste/smell.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regulartly will lift up to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift 100+ pounds.
- Work Environment: Regluarly will work work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious spaces, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold or heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Other Opportunities at Alta:Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.