Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess outstanding selling and closing skills
- 2 years of heavy construction equipment sales experience is highly preferred
- 5 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast paced, high energy individual with an aggressive sales style
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and automobile insurance
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather condition
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.