Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have at least one year of previous experience driving or military service with MOS Code 88M
- Heavy equipment hauling and tie down experience is a plus
- Good mechanical skills, previous wrenching experience is a major bonus
- Must have clean driving record and valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class A certification
- Knowledge of DOT laws
- Good people and customer relation skills
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a friendly and professional personality
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will talk/hear; Frequently will stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will reach with arms
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly up to 50 pounds; Occasionally from 51 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Frequently will be in non-weather related wet or humid conditions; Occasionally will work in high precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.