Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years of previous heavy equipment or over the road (OTR) repair experience is required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and electrical
- Possess own tools
- A positive attitude and high energy
- Must have a clean driving record
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook, Volvo VCADS
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 51 to 100 plus pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.