Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates degree and 4-6 years of experience
- Strong negotiation, selling and customer service skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and automobile insurance.
- Computer programs: Word processing, spreadsheet, accounting and equipment manufacturing technical software
- Language skills: Intermediate - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical skills: Intermediate - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning ability: High - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will sit; Frequently will stand, walk, climb or balance; Occasionally will use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, taste/smell.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work in high precarious places ; Occasionally will work in outdoor weather conditions, around toxic or caustic chemicals
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.