Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of previous heavy equipment, auto or truck parts counter experience desired
- High school diploma/GED
- ASE certifications are preferred
- Basic mechanical understanding and the ability to identify by sight and by name the parts of an industry related piece of equipment
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is required
- Knowledge and understanding between mark-up and gross margin
- Proper phone etiquette
- Equipment operation: Forklifts and hydraulic hose making is preferred
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Epicor/Silk systems, Vendor web portals
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: To see both close and at a distance, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and see color
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.