Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; business and marketing majors preferred.
- 3 - 5 years in a sales representative role; highly preferred within material handling industry and more specifically at the dealer level
- One year of prior management experience or demonstrated willingness and ability to learn management basics.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Computer Skills - Hyster/Yale Contact Management, Crystal Reports, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Language Skills - High: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will talk/hear; Frequently will stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms; Occasionally will walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 10 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 25 pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.