Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have good customer relation skills
- Knowledge of small engine maintenance and repair is preferred
- Knowledge of construction equipment
- Experience operating heavy equipment is required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a friendly and professional personality
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skill
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Frequently will stand, walk, climb or balance, talk/hear.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently up to 50 pounds; Occasionally from 51 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Frequently will be in non-weather related wet or humid conditions; Occasionally will work in high precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.