Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years of previous forklift repair expereince is highly desired, which includes experience in the Military, Guard or Reserve with an MOS or NEC code of 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63Y, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M or CM
- Previous field experience is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of electric and liquid propane units
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Possess own tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license to drive company vehicle
- Computer programs - HYPASS, Hyster TKC training software and Yale/Hyster contact management system
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear; Occasionally will sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequentlywill be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.